quarta-feira, 28 de setembro de 2011

Cell

85. Read 26 books I've never read starting with each letter of the alphabet (in progress - 4/26)



Today I finished reading “Cell”. My grandfather borrowed the book to my brother and then he borrowed it to me.
I had never read a book by Stephen King but I was impressed. Yes, I know he’s the author of “The Shining”. I’ve never read the novel or watched the movie.
The premise is very interesting:
“Mobile phones deliver the apocalypse to millions of unsuspecting humans by wiping their brains of any humanity, leaving only aggressive and destructive impulses behind.”
The idea is so scary. If, suddenly, you’d start seeing people biting dogs’ ears and trying to eat one another, what would you? I’d definitely call my parents. But what would happen to me afterwards? I’d become a zombie.
And all the characters feel so human.
I really liked the book. Not as much as I liked “Brave New World”. But it is a nice book!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário